1. Kilian Metcalf
    August 25, 2014 @ 9:00 am

I’d be willing to bet that your reaction to ‘factory’ chicken eggs is a response to whatever weird Frankenfood they are eating. The ‘real’ chickens are eating ‘real’ food, and you reap the benefit when you eat their eggs.

August 25, 2014 @ 8:00 pm

I’m sure you’re right. So eggs from chickens who eat bugs are better for me the eggs from chickens who eat grains. LOL gross.

2. L. E. Carmichael
    August 25, 2014 @ 1:28 pm

Regular chickens are fattened on grain, as are cows, which I suspect leads to residual gluten contamination in their eggs and in the milk. I’ve noticed that if I eat dairy in the Caribbean or Europe, I get a lot less sick than I do if I eat it in North America.

Thanks for the tips on charcoal and chia seeds! I already do my research before eating out, but I also carry digestive aids, because sometimes, even if you tell the waitress, the kitchen messes up.

August 25, 2014 @ 8:01 pm

Good to know about the dairy in other countries, now I want to travel even more! Welcome, I hope my tips help, they have saved me several times.

3. Shannon
    August 25, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

I just ordered a cook book called 100 days of real food. (Should be here tomorrow!) The website has a lot of recipes on it too.
    After finding out that so many products have carrageenan (I may be spelling that wrong,) in them, products that are supposed to be organic and good for you, but have this thickener that has been banned in some countries and causes stomach issues, I’ve about had it. It’s even in the organic almond milk in my fridge. Going to try and make my own homemade foods for a while and see how the family–and my stomach–reacts.
    Here’s an article from prevention.com:
    Hmmm…inflammation, gut irritation and cancer? No thank you.

Thanks for the info on the Chia seeds! And I hadn’t heard of charcoal pills before but will check them out.
    Keep the tips coming!

August 25, 2014 @ 8:02 pm

I hope the tips help! That cookbook sounds interesting, I’m going to check it out, and thanks for the article link, it is scary what winds up in our food!