1. Kim
    November 5, 2012 @ 8:19 am

Awww. I can totally imagine a little you all excited about your grand adventure with your kitty! 🙂 When I was about 10 I tried to teach my kitty to do a backflip…I guess I thought he could be in the circus. Every day I’d grab him around the middle and spin him around in a flip. He loved it of course! One day he was standing strangely in the middle of our lawn. I watched him wondering what was wrong with him. Then…BAM…he did a back flip on his own. I started squealing and ran to tell my mom and brother. They didn’t believe me and that cat never flipped again. They *still* don’t believe me!

November 12, 2012 @ 8:02 am

I believe you Kim! That is so cool, and cat would totally do one flip where only you could see then never do one again- they’re evil like that!

2. Gilliad Stern
    November 5, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Well, I don’t have any pet stories to add to the list, but it was a good post. I can think back to the outside cats we had when I was younger and watching them do the same thing.

3. Lena Corazon
    November 5, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

This is hilarious, Alica, and sooooo precious, especially imagining 10 year old you and your cat befriending a moose. My cats are all strictly indoors-only, so I knew better than to take them outside. Still, I always wanted to have a cat who was chill with walking on a leash and wanted to roam around the neighborhood with me.

November 12, 2012 @ 8:04 am

My cats hated going outside when we lived in Alaska, but when we moved to the Bay Area they ran all over the place. It was crazy!

4. Diana Beebe
    November 5, 2012 @ 6:57 pm

I think you were more tramautized by that semi than the cat was! One of my cats loved baths and being blown dry with the hair dryer.

November 12, 2012 @ 8:06 am

I was, I was a very dramatic child- it’s no wonder I’m a writer now! Neither of my cats like water- or the hair dryer. but I think it would be fun to have a water loving cat 🙂

5. Jennette Marie Powell
    November 6, 2012 @ 10:12 am

LOL Cute story! What’s funny is I met a woman at the NaNoWriMo write in this weekend who was showing everyone photos of her cat – with a leash on – and yes, she takes it for a walk every day! We pretty much concluded that hers was one of those confused cats that thinks it’s a dog. 🙂

November 12, 2012 @ 8:07 am

I’ve seen cats on leashes but my favorite was a bunny on a leash, so cute!