1. Jordan L. Hawk
    October 10, 2012 @ 9:11 am

I never played Star Trek (I was too busy playing war with my Barbies and Luke Skywalker doll), but when I was four or five I wrote a letter to Mr. Spock asking him to marry me.

October 10, 2012 @ 10:10 am

Did he answer back?? I wish I’d had a Luke Skywalker doll 🙁

• Jordan L. Hawk
        October 10, 2012 @ 10:27 am

I’m pretty sure my parents didn’t actually mail it, alas.

My Luke Skywalker doll took the place of Ken (and was much cooler). I had Princess Leia as well, but of course the first thing I did was take her hair down out of those stupid rolls (and then could never get them back, lol).

2. Ryan King
    October 10, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

I was doing the rescuing. 🙂 My imaginary friend was R2-D2 and I had a lightsaber. Maybe that’s why I have lightsabers now and do lightsaber choreography. hehehe.

October 17, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

I think we played Star Wars a few times, but neither of us had lightsabers- back then 🙂

• Ryan King
        October 17, 2012 @ 3:28 pm

lol, I assure you I didn’t have lightsabers “back then”. It was all imaginary. Kids these days have more toys!

October 11, 2012 @ 5:24 am

I love this! Especially since I fondly call my husband “Spock” because he’s SO logical. However, as a child, I imagined a made-up prince who did not rescue me exactly; he either fought the villains WITH me or showed up right after I had vanquished the enemy, just in time to whisk me away on his horse to the castle and live happily ever after.

October 17, 2012 @ 2:43 pm

LOL- I love that he fought with you- or came after you had taken care of business!

4. Kim
    October 11, 2012 @ 7:30 pm

I didn’t need rescuing when I was a kid. I remember playing “war” with a couple of boys when one told me I was the nurse. Now nothing against nur
    ses, but it’s not me at all. I told him “No way! I’m a soldier!” When I did imaginary play I was fighting alongside the hero–me and Luke Skywalker! Or else *I* was the one rescuing the girl. 🙂