October 15, 2012 @ 9:17 am

I’ve joked with my kids that what I should get when they turn 18 is payment for having raised them. In particular, items like $1,258 for uneaten restaurant meals, $3,402 for doctor and emergency room visits due to stupid stunts, $12,890 for extra-curricular activities just because. LOL. Congrats on raising a terrific son!

October 17, 2012 @ 2:44 pm

I am going to start adding everything up right now and he is getting a bill.

2. Marlene Dotterer
    October 15, 2012 @ 9:46 am

A joint, or family, celebration would be nice. It’s a milestone to get your child to legal adulthood – although trust me, you aren’t done yet – and I like the idea of the family acknowledging this as a unit. It took everyone’s input to get here.

I like the idea of the kid giving Mom some flowers or something on the kid’s birthday. After all, she did most of the work on that original birthday. We have Mother’s Day for that, I guess. But I like the birthday idea more.

October 17, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

I’m glad I’m not done- thankfully my son is only a JR in high school so I have one more year with him. If this was his complete last year I think I would be losing my mind.
      We should start the joint mama/kid birthday celebrations- first thing mom doesn’t have to plan/organize/host the birthday party LOL

3. lynnkelleyauthor
    October 15, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

Bravo, Alicia! Yes, you should definitely get a present! Love this post! Happy 18th birthday to Logan. I’ve never had a passport either! That’s cool that you’re including the dads and they’ll be rewarded for the 21st BD! LOL!

October 17, 2012 @ 2:47 pm

Thank you Lynn! Logan is being out voted so far, I see a gift in my future. Got the paperwork for the passport, pictures next week!

4. Diana Beebe
    October 15, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

Great idea! I say diamonds are a good choice. 🙂 Happy Birthday to your son–and you!

October 17, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

Thank you! I’m going to send him pics of diamonds to help him make a good choice 🙂

5. asraidevin
    October 16, 2012 @ 12:00 am

You should get a prize or a medal of honor or at the very least many many many gold stars. 🙂 Happy birthday to your son and you for raising a great son!

October 17, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

Thank you so much Asrai. I can work with gold stars- actually any validation is fine with me 🙂