1. EllieAnn
    August 6, 2012 @ 7:18 am

haha! Great post. I love the report you have with your son.
    A movie that has inspired my parenting is “Martian Child,” and it’s about living with lots of compassion for your child. And then The Village changed me too, in regards to not keeping secrets from your children (when they’re able to hear them).
    But honestly, I really hope my girls grow up to be like the girls in Firefly. Kick ass! =)

2. charismaloy
    August 6, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

Seems to me that Logan should always remember that you see him as superhuman. Perhaps we should all keep in mind, for the superheroes in our lives, that very few are superhuman in more than one or two ways. It is capitalizing on your strengths that takes us from simply superhuman to supehero.

August 9, 2012 @ 9:50 am

True, however knowing your weakness is important too. I can’t wait to see what Logan decides to do with his life and watching him grow up is a thrill.

• charismaloy
        August 9, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

I can understand that, I feel the same about a certain “almost” five year-old. I can just imagine your exceitement as he is approaching the man he will be!

3. Kim
    August 6, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

I think Logan is a bad-ass to even attempt a handstand push-up that isn’t up against the wall!

When my son was little, Star Wars was my guide. I’d ask him What Would Obi-Wan Do? to get him to do the right thing. Now it’s Lord of the Rings. I want him to be like Strider.

August 9, 2012 @ 9:51 am

Strider rocks! That is definitely a worthy goal. Star wars is a great guide, I love that you guided your son to figure out the right choice instead of telling him what it was!

4. lisa
    August 6, 2012 @ 10:15 pm

I took a whole duffle bag of “parenting” movies to the hospital with Karina, but ended up laboring to Terminator 2, in hopes of pupping out a little action hero. So far, it is totally NOT her. She is sensitive, understanding, and able to cook, lol. But I figure maybe that’s the point–to remind myself to push her to be a little more adventurous, a little tougher, and a lot more thick-skinned. It’s good to have that reminder of my long-ago goal, because if I just responded to Karina’s personality the two of us would just end up sitting in dark room listening to the Cure and talking about our feelings. And I’ve already done my goth decade, thanks.

Also: Logan looks like Jayne from Firefly in that hat, and that is awesome.

August 9, 2012 @ 9:53 am

I knitted that hat it is a Jane hat, not the perfect shades of yellow and orange but close enough- he actually asked for it! Hey the sensitive type can be totally kick ass- think Willow and Tara, they rock and they are girly and sweet- well except that time Willow went evil.

August 7, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

I want my kids to be cast in the remakes of Monty Python films. If they can make odd, dry-humor jokes in British accents, I’ll be soooo proud. LOL.

August 9, 2012 @ 9:55 am

OMG- that would be so cool! Buy them some coconuts so they can ride horses! LOL The first book my son really read was Harry Potter- to this day when he writes to me he calls me mum, I love it. Good luck on the British accent- it can be tricky.