1. Rhonda Hopkins
    March 5, 2012 @ 6:20 am

What a great husband! Of course, he’s lucky to have you too! I agree with you though, Alica. That blood under the nail look is just gross. I was about 10 when I slammed my thumb in the car door. Other than hurting I was okay until later on I went to the bathroom to wash up for dinner. I remember looking at that big purple blob under my nail and the water swirling down the sink. The next thing I knew my parents were picking me up off the floor.Good thing I have a hard head. Only time in my life I’ve ever fainted. And I’ve seen lots worse stuff through the years. But just thinking about that makes me queasy. I hope you have a great week!

March 6, 2012 @ 3:17 am

Nails are just so gross! I so hope I never have to deal with my own finger looking like that. Thanks Rhonda I think he’s pretty lucky to.

2. asraidevin
    March 5, 2012 @ 8:49 am

I’m high maintence with my need to talk talk talk. I spend my days with a 2 year old and 9 year old (outside school) so when my husband gets home I am chatty (I’m this way with friends as well and i feel bad for them that i don’t get out enough). And it’s often about things he could care less about like Pinterest copyright issues and Amazon monopolies. But he nods like he cares and sometimes even comments.

March 6, 2012 @ 3:25 am

I uber chatty too and I make him plot with me and listen to me rant. Thanks Asrai!

March 5, 2012 @ 3:20 pm

I would say the only thing that would be high maintenance would be the fact that I’m a vegetarian and my husband is not and he loves to eat. When he wants to go out to eat I could care less because I don’t eat much and restaurants don’t interest me and I’m happy having a quesadilla and a salad and he loves bbq and meat. But he’s cool with it and never complains and always tries to accommodate my “different” tastes or lack thereof.

March 6, 2012 @ 3:27 am

What a sweetie- my hubby and I are both vegetrain’s but I’m allergic to gluten and he does most of the cooking. He’s very accommodating. I guess I’m lucky that way too. Thanks Patti

4. elainecharton
    March 5, 2012 @ 10:52 pm

LOL Alicia- while reading this all I could remember was how you wouldn’t even look at my arm when it was healing from the fracture. 🙂
    I guess you could say I’m high maintenance especially when I keep falling like I have lately. 🙂
    Your husband has good taste in music. Love Celtic Music!

5. Karen McFarland
    March 6, 2012 @ 1:22 am

Ah, your hubby is a keeper Alica! How sweet.

Am I high maintenance? Hmm. Well my hubby would say yes. My one pet peeve, well, I don’t really know if I have only one. LOL! But I like to get my hair done every six weeks. Is that too much may I ask? 🙂

March 6, 2012 @ 3:31 am

Karen- I love getting my hair cut- but I only do it once a year- except for my bangs. My hair is just long and straight no real style to maintain and since I never do anything with it I don’t get split ends.

6. CC MacKenzie
    March 6, 2012 @ 2:26 am

Alica! He’s a sweetie (he’ll probably be disgusted at that, but hey) And to be honest that nail isn’t too bad. I have seen worse. Did you ever read my post on feet? No? Perhaps I’ll repost it this weekend. Just make sure you’ve all got an empty stomach!

This is terribly hard to believe. But I am VERY high maintenance and demanding. Over the years I’ve perfected ‘the look’ which has him wrinkle his brow and I can see the wheels turning as he wonders what’s up. He has a list he runs through and it goes something like this:

‘What’ve I done?’
    ‘Wet towel on the floor?’
    ‘It’s not your birthday/mother’s day/anniversary – is it?’
    ‘You need a hug?’
    ‘Whatever it is, I’m sorry.’

It’s usually number 4. I get the hug and all is well with my world.

Love the Celtic music I bet your a fan of Loreena McKennitt?

And Karen, we must be separated twins – I’ve got the hair every six weeks too!

Great post, Alica.

• CC MacKenzie
      March 6, 2012 @ 2:27 am

Of course I mean you’re a fan of Loreena McKennitt – sheesh.

March 6, 2012 @ 4:13 am

I need a look like that!! I don’t remember a post about feet, I’ll have to check it out. I love Loreena Mckennitt.

7. Emma Burcart
    March 6, 2012 @ 3:09 am

I am high maintenance in so many ways! I am picky about food, I can’t go without coffee, & I am always cold. And those are just the ones off the top of my head.

March 6, 2012 @ 4:14 am

LOL- I too have a list I think I would cry if I tried to put it all together. Thanks Emma

8. Lisa Hall-Wilson
    March 6, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

haha – I’m the opposite. (I wasn’t always – but my kids are older and more independent so I indulge.) I get so lost in my work, I forget what time it is, I sometimes don’t even hear people talk to me – it seems like I’m always behind on one deadline or another. He never complains. He makes supper because I forget to eat. He lets me hide in our room when my extreme introvertedness has me in my room for hours on a Sunday afternoon.

March 6, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

Wow- I’m envious, someday I hope to be able to lose myself in my writing for hours.

9. Jennette Marie Powell
    March 6, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

Fun post! I am having trouble thinking of a way I’m high maintenance. I couldn’t be, and be married to my guy! He does a lot of manual work (property management and working on cars), so he has a lot of little injuries. He doesn’t have a lot of tolerance for the typical things we associate with high maintenance women, either. I guess the only thing is, I must have my Mountain Dew, and he does a good job of ensuring that there is always some in the house. He knows I’ll be very cranky if there isn’t!

March 6, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

Your hubby is lucky if all he has to do I keep Mountain Dew in the house! My poor hubby 🙂

10. Patricia
    March 6, 2012 @ 9:40 pm

Well, I don’t know that I’m high maintenance, but it does require a lot of patience being my spouse. I have some bad habits that I really don’t even want to try to break and my poor husband has to endure the pain. Things like, buying books – all the time. Reading – anything, anywhere. Shopping – but not for big expensive things, just all the time picking up one or two extra little things everywhere I go.

My poor dear husband. I try to stop these habits and even have conversations with myself as I’m buying them, but danged if I just keep right on doing it. He’s a trooper.

Thanks for sharing your story. I’m sure your husband feels the effort involved is well worth it.

Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

March 7, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

I thin one of the keys to being in a long term relationship is acceptance, not only of your partner but of yourself too. You need to know what is and isn’t going t change then move on.
      Thanks Patricia!

11. heathermama
    March 7, 2012 @ 6:25 am

nah i got nothin’. i’m perfect! lol