1. Patti Yager Delagrange
    June 3, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

This is a really cool way to find out about films most of us have probably not seen. Thank you again, Alica, for an interesting novel post.

June 3, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

Thank you for checking it out! Until I’m fabulously wealthy and can travel at will my love for other cultures will have to be satisfied through movies and books.

2. Debora Dale
    June 3, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

Korean Westerns?! LOL! Who knew? This looks like so much fun. I love the dialogue, “Should I run straight on? Or zigzag around and make em’ confused?” So playful… and dare I say sexy, too?!

Great post. Thanks for letting us know about this odd but interesting genre!

June 3, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

The bad guy is very sexy- and he takes his shirt off – yum. It is very funny. I like to read the subtitles because the intonation tells so much and dubbing takes that away.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
      Alica

3. Catie Rhodes
    June 3, 2011 @ 7:20 pm

I had no idea bout the Korean Westerns. I enjoy foreign horror quite a bit. What a cool and interesting idea for Friday posts. I subscribed to your blog. Keep ’em coming.

June 3, 2011 @ 11:24 pm

Thanks! Have you watch ‘The Host’? The same actor is in The Good The Bad and The Weird is the MC in The Host- which is a horror movie.
      Thanks for subscribing!
      Alica

4. Angelique Armae
    June 3, 2011 @ 7:54 pm

I love foreign films. They’re interesting because you sometimes get a different take on a subject than you do at home. Thanks for the post.

June 3, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

Me too I enjoy seeing how other people live and view the world around them.
      Thanks for stopping in.
      Alica

5. Donna Coe-Velleman
    June 5, 2011 @ 2:28 am

Korean westerns -hey why not? Thanks for bringing this to light.

I’ve never seen a foreign flim except for the original Birdcage which even though it was in French, was funnier than it’s English remake.

June 5, 2011 @ 3:04 pm

I haven’t seen the French version- I’ll have to check it out.
      Foreign Films are a lot of fun- they do things so differently. It can be daunting at first- it’s harder to tell if a movie is going to be good or not. I started with British movies then expanded from their because of previews. Dhoom2 -my first big Bollywood movie which I reviewed last week- was playing on the TV at my local video store, and now we’re hooked on Bollywood.
      Thanks for stopping by,