1. greenfreaks
    December 30, 2014 @ 8:38 am

do you ever feel weird about the two ways you have had to parent the children in your life? was the change hard, is it still hard?
    i find how i want to parent is sometimes not how i get to parent because i have a bunch of kids who all need a different sort of mom at different times. i guess that is what it is for most people, i mean you dream about parenting one way and end up doing what your kids need instead. 🙂

December 30, 2014 @ 6:19 pm

I used to feel weird about it, especially at the beginning. But now that I’ve had more training and understand what they need better its easier. There are times when I wish I was fostering or adopting them so I could parent them they way I really want to.

2. aidahv1@cox.net
    December 30, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

Hey Woman, I don’t know yet. I am only 2 months pregnant. I will find out in about 7 months, then I will tell you.:-)

Sincerely, Aida

December 30, 2014 @ 6:20 pm

For the first year you feed them keep them clean and hold them as much as possible, its easy 🙂 I can’t wait to see your baby

3. Kim
    December 30, 2014 @ 3:14 pm

My parenting changed because my child turned out to be a real person with his own needs and wants and desires. He was not the imaginary child I’d had before I got pregnant. I am not the parent I thought I’d be, not by a long shot, but I am the parent I am supposed to be in this moment.

December 30, 2014 @ 6:22 pm

Very profound words Kim. Yes, parent the child you have no the child you wish you had. Very important and saves you and your child a lot of heartache.

4. marlenedotterer
    December 30, 2014 @ 5:29 pm

Yep, from the first moment, that baby can run right over whatever parenting plans you may have. Heck, some of them start before birth, when you end up doing something (throwing up for 8 months? bed rest? Induction?) that you always swore you’d never do. As parents, we really have so little control.

I guess the important thing is to pay attention to your child and be the parent that child needs.

Alicia, I think you are brave and awesome to take in these kids. Your whole family is awesome too, because this is not a 9-5 job. They’re in it every minute with you. Every bit of love and caring you and your family provide is a bright spot forever in the lives of those kids. Honest, it takes my breath away.

December 30, 2014 @ 6:26 pm

So true Marlene, I was expecting to love being pregnant, but not really. I hadn’t thought of it like that before. Yes I had to learn to be very flexible trying to become a good parent for my kids.
      And thanks, it is trying but it has its rewording moments 🙂

5. Jill
    January 1, 2015 @ 6:40 pm

Hippie dippy just got hippier and dippier as I went along. I’m just really grateful that my boy child grew out of the guns and camo phase before he did something unhippie dippy like join the military.

That part of life was good, but I am so glad it is over. I like hanging out with them as grown-ups much better. If I never ask “is your room clean?” again that would be great.

January 3, 2015 @ 7:28 pm

I hate bedrooms!!! If I ever had small children again I would have a play room and the bedrooms just beds and books.