1. Jordan L. Hawk
    October 2, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

“Alica, I’ve tried to stay away but my body burns for you. My heart breaks every moment we’re apart. But as a consolation prize, you can watch while Loki and I have sex on the table.” <– fixed it for you. 😉

And yes, I totally imagine disaster if I can't get ahold of someone. Clearly the only rational explanation is they've been kidnapped by aliens/eaten by velociraptors/abducted by sexy pirates.

2. Kassandra Lamb
    October 2, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

I think you have a delightful brain, Alica! But then mine works the same way. I get called a worry-wart on a regular basis, but really I’m not a particularly anxious nor pessimistic person (usual characteristics of worry-warts). I just have an extremely active imagination!

3. Kilian Metcalf
    October 2, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

I feel so cherished and grateful for friends who care enough to notice that I have dropped off the face of the earth and are willing to check up on me. It could have been something serious. I *am* all alone in this house, and there *is* a lovely swimming pool and things *do* happen. Only not today. Now the worst thing that happened is I have to buy a new keyboard because I spewed all over this one laughing while drinking tea. Thank you for carin.

October 16, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

Of course! I’m glad you were okay but my poor brain- it went to town with the what-ifs

4. Kilian Metcalf
    October 2, 2013 @ 5:09 pm

*caring* Crap. I need an editor for myself.

5. Karen McFarland
    October 2, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

Alica, you make perfect sense to me girl. I would have reacted the same way. 🙂

6. Elaine Charton
    October 2, 2013 @ 7:10 pm

You are not alone, Alica. You don’t want to be around me if someone is late. Logically I know there is a reason. That doesn’t stop my imagination. 🙂

October 2, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

I should read this to my husband, who thinks I let my imagination run a little too wild when he doesn’t check in when he’s supposed to. LOL. Now I have a legitimate reason to offer: I AM A WRITER! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!!!

Glad Kilian is doing just fine. And now you have all of those contact numbers for her…just in case the aliens do land.

October 16, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

Yes, all hubbies should read this I think it’ll help or scare them 🙂

• Elaine Charton
        October 16, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

What about if you are already married to a writer?

8. Stephanie Beavers
    October 2, 2013 @ 10:22 pm

This all sounds quite reasonable to me.

9. Jennifer Lewis Oliver
    October 3, 2013 @ 1:30 pm

I do the same thing! If someone is late or doesn’t call to check-in when they said they would, my brain lets my imagination take over.
    Must have been a car jacking by someone being chased by the space police!
    Or a nuclear explosion knocked out all the cell connections … nope mine still works.
    Um, maybe they are in the midst of a torrid love affair and their lover has become obsessed, tied them up and forbid them to ever leave!
    Or… there’s a traffic jam because the zombie apocalypse just happened and nobody knows!
    Or maybe a magical shield was erected around my house and now NO ONE CAN GET TO ME!
    Nah. The zombie apocalypse sounds much more logical… I DO live in Florida after all – land of those who think it’s smart to ingest bath salts. O.o
    Usually, the culprit is that their cell battery died or they were caught up in crazy FL traffic. Nothing exciting. Nothing dramatic like zombies. Which is probably good since I’m not properly stocked up for that yet. 😉
    Nothing like living with a writer, I say! 😀

October 16, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

We always make for interesting conversation and panic attacks to say the least, thanks Jennifer

October 3, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

Hmm. I figured she was probably asleep. 🙂

• Kilian Metcalf
      October 3, 2013 @ 11:27 pm

Uh-oh. All my nap comments are coming home to roost.

• Bill Jones, Jr.
        October 4, 2013 @ 4:40 am

No, I just wanted to point out that a few of us writers live on the actual planet Earth. 😉 Mostly.

October 16, 2013 @ 4:18 pm