1. Gilliad Stern
    April 8, 2013 @ 10:45 am

Can’t say that I’ve ever really tried too many choreographed workouts, but if I did, I would be the drunk elephant right there beside ya. If I get my body doing too many things, everything falls apart it seems. Lots of moving for me ends up looking like a person that is drowning on land!

April 8, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

LOL- choreography isn’t my gift, thank goodness I live in a fantasy world.

2. Brandy
    April 8, 2013 @ 11:41 am

Zumba gets easier the more you do it. I can almost do the entire 60 min. workout DVD without pausing the damn thing. I still can’t do some of the moves the same way they can but I don’t really worry about that too much. I still do want to kill all of the people on the DVD at the end of the workout but I really don’t see that changing anytime soon.

April 8, 2013 @ 1:30 pm

I am keeping up pretty good, as long as I don’t clap! Doesn’t every one feel homicidal rage at the end of a workout where perky fit people still look good while you look like a red faced dieing lunatic? There needs a be a set of angry/goth/emo/punk workout tapes

3. marlenedotterer
    April 8, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

That’s the kind of thing that happens to me, too. The brain just shuts down.

For fun, next time you’re in the pool, try to do jumping jack legs with cross-country arms. Your brain will fry!

April 8, 2013 @ 2:35 pm

I have done Zumba quite a bit. Here’s what I’ve learned: If I get confused, I have to drop everything else and focus on the footwork. Once I have that down, I can add hands. But if I try to learn both at once, I can get lost. You are not alone! 🙂

April 17, 2013 @ 3:58 pm

Yes the base footwork is important and I have to add in the non-moving foot as part of the step, or I can’t make it work.

5. Jordan L. Hawk
    April 8, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

OMG, that reminds me of band camp. I could play the music. I could march. The first time we tried to put the two together, it was the worst train wreck ever.

6. whynotwhatnot
    April 9, 2013 @ 7:11 am

Funny. I can’t do the clap either. And if there is more than one clap, I might even fall down. I hear laughing burns a good deal of calories. Jane