1. Diana Beebe
    January 23, 2013 @ 8:33 am

My to-do list is a mutant radioactive monster, too. I love that description! I tend to want to throw the monster list out and start over with a baby monster list. It always mutates and grows fast. LOL. We do have to take some time for ourselves to recharge. Good for you for taking the afternoon off and spending it with your husband. 🙂

January 23, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

Thanks- it was so much fun, and I can’t wait to do it again. I highly recommended escaping your to-do list as often as possible.

2. Jennette Marie Powell
    January 23, 2013 @ 10:31 am

I almost never have the luxury of taking a whole day away from the to-do list, but a couple hours now and then is all that keeps me halfway sane!

January 23, 2013 @ 3:59 pm

Halfway sane works 🙂 some days it seems like quite the feet to make it to half-way LOL

January 23, 2013 @ 3:09 pm

I’ve ended up taking today off, I guess, entirely on accident. I worked this morning, got sick of this nagging cold, laid down, and slept FOUR hours! I had to look at the clock twice to make sure I really did that. I guess my body needed it.

Not as fun as a day with the hubby or that chai latte, but there you go. I do feel much better.

January 23, 2013 @ 8:04 pm

Sounds to me like your body really needed the rest I hope you are able to beat this cold Julie. I love days when I can rest and relax, by myself or with hubby 🙂

4. Brandy
    January 25, 2013 @ 7:36 am

Rod needs that fez it looks dashing on him.

5. laura
    January 25, 2013 @ 7:37 am

Your husband looks good in a fez. That cannot be said of many people. In nursing school, I would get bombarded with deadlines for papers, mandatory meetings, clinicals and their subsequent write-ups, labs for learning new skills, and on top of this, regular class meetings. There were plenty of times when I had to just shut the whole machine down for a day and do something silly, like reorganize the basement. In truth, this helped me to reorganize my mind. My house never looked as clean, organized and decorated as it did just before exams.

January 28, 2013 @ 2:45 pm

Thanks, its all in the attitude. And yes, my house gets very clean- well for me- before I start a big project.

6. Kim
    January 25, 2013 @ 8:19 am

I had this realization recently too. Between my regular paying job, my work at the dojo, writing my blog, and then writing, I never took time off! Normal people who work regular week day jobs get the weekends off where they don’t work at their jobs, so I figured I’d take one day a week off from all of my jobs. I sleep in, read, watch stuff on Netflix, play Super Mario Bros. with my boy, and just generally hang out. It’s nice. Like you, I feel so much better after and am much more productive. We all need time off to rest and regroup.

January 28, 2013 @ 2:46 pm

Yes, I need to remember how much the down time helps. I get so busy getting stuff done that I burn out and nothing happens- not real resting/ relaxing or my to-do list.

7. Karla Darcy
    January 29, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

I try to do a date with my husband at least once every two weeks. He’s the one that seems to lose when I’m really working hard. I still have meetings to attend to, housework and cooking, volunteer work and sometimes he does these things with me. But when I’m working on the computer he gets neglected. Since he’s the most important thing in my life I try to make time to show him he’s appreciated and I always get as much out of that as he does. Your husband looks great with a fez.

February 6, 2013 @ 8:36 pm

That sounds so nice. I should try and make a regular date with my hubby, I miss connecting with him like that. Thanks he does work the fez well.