1. Marlene Dotterer
    November 27, 2012 @ 10:31 am

Hang in there. It will be January before you know it.

2. Sarah Brabazon
    November 27, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

Alicia,
    We get so hung up on money at this time of the year and forget the most important things: health and family. My motto (after hanging out with plenty of millionaires) is money doesn’t make you happy, it makes being unhappy awfully comfortable.
    One Christmas before children, Captain Haddock and I had less than $20 in cash to do something for Christmas dinner. We bought Chinese takeaway and ate it looking over the near empty marina at Paulsbo, WA (everyone else had taken off, but we had no fuel money). CH hid my present on the boat and presented me with a riddle to find it. Our families were thousands of miles away, and we had none of the usual trappings, but this was my favourite American Christmas.
    Hang in there… and hug someone next time you feel like beating yourself up.

November 27, 2012 @ 3:04 pm

Thanks Sarah- and you are so right, when I was younger and my income and expectations were lower I think I enjoyed the holiday’s more. I have a ton to be grateful for and a lot of reasons to be happy.Thanks for the reminder 🙂

3. Brandy
    November 27, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

As long as I get caramel, it’s all good.

4. Kilian Metcalf
    November 28, 2012 @ 6:29 am

Um, well, I was going to buy some Hanukkah candles, but then I found the stash I bought last year after the holiday was over. I’ll use them instead. There! holiday shopping all done!

November 29, 2012 @ 11:56 am

It’s amazing how each year we feel like, “Christmas is here already??!” It’s on the same day every year! But I still feel caught off guard most years.

Hope you can ride high though this season. Keep making time for the things and people you enjoy.