1. Reetta Raitanen
    November 13, 2012 @ 12:18 am

Your way of dealing with being overwhelmed sounds like mine 🙂 I also do cozy stuff and ignore my own important projects (writing) as I scramble to fulfill all the other obligations I’ve piled on my plate. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the conference. With young children adult company and craft talk is such a refreshing change even if you just go to listen. And new plot and character ideas rock. I get totally energized by them.

November 14, 2012 @ 12:15 pm

I did feel very energized, this week I finally finished my editing and I’ve been writing up a storm! Glad I’m not the only one who reads and hides 🙂

2. Jennette Marie Powell
    November 13, 2012 @ 8:22 am

I went to a great writing workshop presented by my RWA chapter, and procrastinated writing my NaNoWriMo novel. I also cleared my Cozi to-do list- I meant to click “Delete checked items,” but instead clicked “Delete everything on this list” LOL! It worked amazingly well, you should try it!

November 15, 2012 @ 7:49 am

Well, now I’m kicking myself. I was planning to go to a book signing with Rhys Bowen, one of my favorite mystery authors, on Saturday. After an exhausting and frustrating day, I was too worn out and grumpy and still had too many to-do’s, blah, blah, blah. I didn’t go. Now I think I should have gone. :/

Polar Express sounds lovely. I never did that with my kids. And your weather is obviously cooler than ours. I was asking my son this morning what the weather would be on Saturday–high of 68 degrees.

November 16, 2012 @ 9:49 am

I had to drive 6 hours North and up 4000 feet up to get to that cold weather- I live in the desert- hot and dry! It was a lot of fun. Their faces when they saw Santa was worth all the trouble.
      Sorry for making you feel bad- I just realized that I kept waiting to ‘feel like it’ and with 7 kids and a crazy life that rarely happens I need to go no matter what.

• Julie Glover
        November 16, 2012 @ 9:50 am

It was a good kind of “feel bad” that will motivate me next time, Alica. 😉