1. August McLaughlin
    October 29, 2012 @ 6:26 am

I read recently that people are more prepared for a zombie apocalypse than “real” emergencies (storms, etc.). Crazy, right? I suppose many supplies would work for both. 😉

October 31, 2012 @ 11:13 am

I think preparing for the Zombies is fun- like day dreaming about winning the lottery while real emergencies scare us and make us feel un-safe. but yes a lot of survival gear is versatile.

2. Marlene Dotterer
    October 29, 2012 @ 8:39 am

You’re actually in a good place, disaster-wise. The flash floods and electrical storms can be problematic, but they don’t tend to wipe out whole areas. No hurricanes, no tornadoes (although we did have one, once, when I lived there), no earthquakes… drought can be bad, but hey – it’s a desert.

Of course, no one is safe from the zombies.

We have three large barrels of earthquake supplies in our back yard. The hard part is keeping it current – it’s always a year or more before I get around to rotating the food stocks.

October 31, 2012 @ 11:15 am

Yep- I’m tucked in the middle in a pretty safe zone, and I’m prepared to open a surf shop if we lose CA LOL! You need to make a holiday of it- have friends over check dates then make soup or something out of the food that is too close to being out of date to keep in the emergency kits.

3. Rhonda Hopkins
    October 29, 2012 @ 9:09 am

LOL 24K? Someone’s really serious about bugging out. It would be a good idea to have a bug out bag though. I think I’ll add that to my list of things to do. 🙂

October 31, 2012 @ 11:16 am

I like the bug out bags a lot- and they are good for so many different emergencies. I have to wonder if they have sold any of the big kits.

October 29, 2012 @ 3:20 pm

If being ready for a hurricane is anything like being ready for a zombie apocalypse, I think I’m okay. Anyone know? LOL.

October 31, 2012 @ 11:16 am

I bet they are very similar! Just a slight weapon change and of course latex gloves.

5. Sarah Brabazon
    October 29, 2012 @ 7:44 pm

At a risk of sounding like a crazed survivalist, the sort with a burning gaze, permanently fixed on some horizon… Of course I do! Actually, since I live on a sailboat, it is essential kit. So far, we have only water, handheld GPS, flares, and assorted survival stuff. The next thing on the list is handheld radios for each of us, although this is more because we regularly loose our children in public places, and need a surer method of getting them back than: head for the highest statue in sight. This would also work for my plan to take over the nearest library if the apocalypse happens, so me and my mates (sic) can kick start civilisation… There’s no way to say that without sounding crazy, is there?

October 31, 2012 @ 11:17 am

You don;t sound crazy at all- at least not to me. I like the idea of taking over a library, going to add that to my list!