1. mystudentstruggles
    September 3, 2012 @ 6:15 am

I think Sheldon’s life is quite restricted 🙂
    And if you use the dice with ‘yes’, ‘no’, ‘maybe’ written on, in my experience it almost always lands on ‘maybe’ – really not helpful 😀

September 4, 2012 @ 12:09 pm

Good point- I shall only use yes and no clarity is important. 🙂 And I agree Sheldon’s life is restricted,but he doesn’t wallow in angst!

2. Marlene Dotterer
    September 4, 2012 @ 5:12 am

I haven’t tried to reward myself. Maybe that would help. But not food. I don’t need the excuse.

It does sound as if you know your limits and which buttons to press to get results. At least you press the buttons instead of sitting around blaming others for stuff not getting done. I know people like that.

September 4, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

True I am not blaming others, although I do blame myself rather harshly.
      I like the idea of rewarding yourself. Going to the movies, a massage, or whatever- just don;t think that they have to be cheap or free- you are important treat yourself well!

3. Lena Corazon
    September 4, 2012 @ 9:10 am

So this: But “could” is just a “should” in skinny jeans and a Duran Duran tee shirt. cracked me up like crazy. So true.

I am very happy to know that I am not the only one who has a few problems with self-control and all that. Once I’ve formed a habit, it’s all good, but before the habit is formed… yeah, it’s all about self-sabotage, etc. But I think we can do it! Baby steps and all, so if little enticements with the timer and whatnot work, go for it. 😀

September 4, 2012 @ 12:14 pm

Glad I made you laugh 🙂

Baby steps are very important for me. I try and break a big goal into small pieces, and a daily to-do list in which I won’t write do laundry but- sort and spray clothes, wash clothes, dry clothes, put away clothes so I have at least 4 things to check off at the end of the day, is really helpful.
      Starting a new habit is so hard- I try and involve others, a gym buddy, posting on FB and Twitter what I am doing, talking to friends, anything to keep me motivated and my ego worried about failing LOL.
      Thanks Lena

4. charismaloy
    September 4, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

I am beginning to think that I should watch The Big Bang Theory… But I don’t have cable. This also keeps me from vegging out in front of the TV. My problem tends to lie in the fact that I have to choose between much needed housework and the manuscripts on the computer that will actually mean money once I get them finished…

September 6, 2012 @ 7:47 pm

Big Bang Theory is so much fun and I’m sure Netflix has it. There is always a choice in life between getting stuff done and vegging out, but every once ina while we need to veg- also sometimes while vegging we get some great inspiration so really it’s research 🙂 Thanks Charis

September 10, 2012 @ 12:19 pm

What’s your reward for doing the “should?” And “a job well done” is overrated. I motivate myself the old-fashioned way. I bribe myself. Figure out what you’d rather have or be doing and tie getting your objective to doing the work.

It’s hard not skipping to the reward, so at first you might do something weekly that you can’t cheat and do all the time.

September 10, 2012 @ 3:59 pm

I like the idea of a weekly reward- I’ll have to play with that thanks Bill 🙂 It sounds a better then leaving my fate to chance.