1. Jolyse Barnett
    August 1, 2012 @ 9:03 am

I like the concept of flash mobs but unsure if I’d want to be the recipient of such an event. I’d never heard of no-pants-subway-ride before. Too cute!! 🙂

August 2, 2012 @ 7:22 am

I think I could be in one, but I’m not sure I could handle being proposed to that way- or have that much attention focused on me at all. Thanks Jolyse.

2. prudencemacleod
    August 1, 2012 @ 12:58 pm

Love this. I agree, all those people coming together just to put a smile on a stranger’s face. Awesome. People rock!

3. charismaloy
    August 1, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

This was wonderful Alica! Thank you for the reminder that there are actually still enough people in this world that care about sharing smiles for flash mobs to exist!

August 2, 2012 @ 7:23 am

I know Charis, it’s so easy to get caught up in all the ugly that we forget about the good stuff.

4. Kim
    August 1, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

I’ve been in one and it was a blast! We showed up at the local university’s grassy area and just randomly started doing yoga. Then one of our local drum groups came and we started dancing. It was great when people joined in and danced with us! The people who walked by acting like they couldn’t see anything were funny too. We danced for about 10 minutes and then just stopped and left. I’d do another flash mob again in a heartbeat!

5. Kilian Metcalf
    August 2, 2012 @ 7:09 am

Love flash mobs! I spend waaaaay too much time on YouTube watching flash mobs. Thanks for point out some I missed.

August 3, 2012 @ 8:18 am

That Sound of Music flash mob may be the best one yet! LOVED it!

7. Jay Holmes
    August 3, 2012 @ 1:33 pm

I have been in flash mobs a few times. We mobbed well. The military is big on flash mobs and they go all out on the “flash” aspect. Flash mobs are not at all something new. Alexander the great was a master of flash mob activity. I think it’s a positive social evolution that most of the newer flash mobs don’t involve air strikes, me being shot at, or even require spears and shields. Mankind is indeed improving. I’m all for more no pants days and fewer wars.

Napoleon would tell flash mob organizers to start handing out low budget medals in solemn ceremonies to improve the enthusiasm of their mobs.

August 6, 2012 @ 7:57 am

That is so interesting- someone will have to write book on the history of flash mobs!