1. CC MacKenzie
    May 4, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

Yea! It’s a great series and written by the guy who wrote Dr Who and I knew that by just watching the first episode of the first series!

I loved Jeremy Brett in the Sherlock series done in the late eighties/nineties. He’s my ultimate Sherlock. But Ben here does a pretty good job! And the end is a cliffhanger and very clever.

Enjoy!

May 4, 2012 @ 9:50 pm

Russel T Davis is amazing! I looked him up on IMDB and was shocked at how many things he’s written and directed that I didn’t even know about. I will have to catch up.

2. August McLaughlin
    May 4, 2012 @ 3:34 pm

Glad you re-posted this, Alica. I much prefer this to “men with sexy abs” posts. 😉 Nothing wrong with digging hot guys, of course… Just love that you dig guys of substance. I could totally see Sherlock crushing on you!

May 4, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

I try not to discriminate in my ogling and fantasizing of men. There are all sorts of attributes that make men hot, And I like to savor all of them 🙂 *squee* I would love it if he was crushing on me! (fades into fantasy land)

3. Karen McFarland
    May 4, 2012 @ 10:15 pm

Oh this is a great series. Can’t wait to watch Sunday night! Thanks Alica!
    I’m gonna tickle your toes! LOL! Just kidding! 🙂

4. emmaburcart
    May 5, 2012 @ 2:16 pm

That looks really fun! I LOVE cop shows and mystery shows, so this is right up my alley. But, how do you watch a BBC show? I have the basic form of cable. 🙂

May 5, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

PBS is going to show Season Two starting Sunday- and it’s popular enough you should be able to find it at a video store- but Netflix definitely! I hope you get a chance to watch it.

5. Kilian Metcalf
    May 5, 2012 @ 8:19 pm

Good news for you: the original Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are free for download to your Kindle from Amazon. How cool is that?

6. elainecharton
    May 8, 2012 @ 4:02 am

Alicia- While Jeremy Britt is Sherlock Holmes personified. I LOVE THIS SHERLOCK. Watched Sunday and was surprised I didn’t wake Michael up as I tend to talk to the tv. I can not wait for him to see it. Until then I have to keep my mouth shut. Don’t want to ruin it for him.

May 8, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Wasn’t it fabulous!

• elainecharton
        May 8, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

It was! We don’t have a DVR but luckily PBS will have it on its website. That’s how he’ll catch it.

May 10, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

My family loves this series, Alica! My husband and son are excited to watch season two. We saw the first season through Netflix. I love the way the tale has been modernized, but the characters and cases are still intact. And yes, you should read the books!