1. Vinny Grette
    May 28, 2012 @ 1:43 pm

I’ve been known to gorge on oreo cookies when down in the dumps. But i’ve just discovered home-mde popcorn – cheap and tasty! Will blog about it soon… after I lick the icing off one last cookie half!

May 28, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

I’ll have to keep an eye out for that one! I do love popcorn, Thanks.

2. Rhonda Hopkins
    May 28, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

I tend to do that as well. Especially the reading part. I like to escape to another world for a while when things get too chaotic or uncertain in mine. I think it’s just the way I am. and I’m okay with it. If gives my subconscious time to process all that I need to. 🙂

May 28, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Yes, the reading is a lot of fun. I think it’s my favorite coping- or non-coping skill.

May 28, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

I used to hide a lot, until I finally accepted it was me I was hiding from, and I always showed up. Now, I do just the opposite: I reach out when I’m trying something new, and seek support. It feels better.

May 28, 2012 @ 10:54 pm

Sounds great, and a lot more powerful. In the past two weeks I’ve read several things which encourages to be in that scared uncomfortable place, to push your boundaries and walk into the unknown and see what happens.
      Thanks Bill

May 28, 2012 @ 9:47 pm

What an interesting question, Alica! I would accept it, but limit it. Like when I’m super-stressed, I love to get that refrigerator chocolate chip cookie dough and a spoon. It’s not a healthy habit, but it does make me feel better and calm me down. So I let myself have a section of the tube and then cook the rest. Accept, but limit. That’s my policy.

Not that I’m suggesting someone should do as I do. My hubby is convinced that it’s just a matter of time before the raw eggs in the dough claim me and I get really sick.

May 28, 2012 @ 10:56 pm

I love this Julie! Accepting but limiting how long or how much. I do this a bit by saying I can read another chapter after I get something checked off my to-do list, or bother to shower LOL!

5. August McLaughlin
    May 29, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

I’ve learned that going to bed late sets me off kilter energy, sleep and mood-wise big time. It’s a tough habit to break, and I still grapple with it at times. But it gets easier. Thanks for the inspiration!

May 30, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

So true I need to keep my cycle regular and get enough or it all falls apart. Thanks August.