1. charismaloy
    April 2, 2012 @ 6:38 am

My mother is a big fan of naps. I only take them when I can no longer stay awake. For me a nap is like an appetizer. It gives me just enough energy to do what must be done before I pass out for a solid night’s sleep. Usually that means getting up and fixing dinner and then heading to bed. Of course the fact that, given the opportunity, I sleep for a solid 10 hours at night, I may just have ruined myself for naps.

April 4, 2012 @ 9:17 pm

LOL- I think if I didn’t have to be up so early for work I would nap, but I do adore them.

2. Miho Li
    April 2, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

I can’t take naps–I end up with a headache if I do. It also makes me feel like I’m wasting time, which is silly, I know lol. (Also, Firefly FTW!)

Nice to meet you, Alica 🙂

April 4, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

Hi Miho! I use to think that way, until I realized that when I’m tired I don;t get as much done and I’m rather bitchy. LOL

3. August McLaughlin
    April 2, 2012 @ 7:20 pm

I love naps—for other people! LOL Sleep/naps never been my strong suit, but I have learned the art of “pretend naps.” I rest with my eyes shut.

April 4, 2012 @ 9:19 pm

I do that when I can’t keep my eyes open but there are kids about. I’ll put in a movie, and lay on the couch- I can hear everything but rest as well.

4. Jennette Marie Powell
    April 2, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

I’m envious! Not so much that your job/schedule permits you naps, but that you *can*! Once I get up, I can’t sleep during the day unless I’m sick. But your job sounds like it can be pretty demanding, so it’s good that you can. I make do like August does. 🙂

April 4, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

Because my job is broken into morning and afternoon shifts I do need to make sure I’m functional for both and if I’m tired my patience level drops very quickly!

April 3, 2012 @ 3:24 am

I usually can’t nap. But today, I slept for almost 4 hours! I was recovering from a long weekend of lots of baseball. I move, but not much.

April 4, 2012 @ 9:21 pm

Wow- most of my naps don;t last longer then an hour unless I’m sick, you must have needed some serious recovery!

• Julie Glover
        April 4, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

I participated in a Guinness World Record baseball game that lasted for 49 hours. I played about 18 of those. It’s interesting to get up at 12:30 a.m. and play baseball from 1-3 a.m. Charity event!

6. Debra Kristi
    April 3, 2012 @ 6:04 am

I don’t have time for naps, but sometimes my body simply gives out on me. I don’t move when I sleep either. I lay on my back with my arms crossed like Dracula. LOL I will wake up the same way. I learned to sleep like that when I was pregnant and never went back. They say it is the sign of a good REM sleeper. 😉

April 4, 2012 @ 9:22 pm

I move a lot at night, but not when I nap- it’s odd. I dream a lot tho- I wonder what would happen if I didn;t move- even more dreams???

7. Reetta Raitanen
    April 7, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

Naps are so refreshing but I rarely take them because I have so many exciting things to do during the day.

And thanks for sharing the Eurovision songs. You’re getting me excited for this year’s show 😀

April 10, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

Thanks Reeta- I only get to see the show in clips on youtube, but I’m looking forward to it.