March 29, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

Really nice interview. And I like your can-do attitude, Marlene. If you want to do it, you’re gonna do it, no matter what. And don’t let anybody tell you what to do. Right on! And your interest in Thomas Andrews is intriguing. I would never have known any of those facts about him had I not read this post.
    Thank you.

2. August McLaughlin
    March 29, 2012 @ 2:44 pm

Great interview. Marlene’s work sounds fascinating! I admire her for pursuing her passion and sharing it with the world through her writing. (Passion makes for the best stories, don’t you think??)

April 1, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

I agree, the more passionate you are about what you’re writing the better it will be

3. Jennette Marie Powell
    March 29, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

Shipbuilder sounds like a fantastic book! I love time travel, and I love the early 20th century! (Which is why I’ve written one in this time period, too!) I’m definitely adding this to my to-buy list. Thanks for a fun interview, ladies!

4. Debra Kristi
    March 29, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

The book sounds fasinating! Wonderful interview! Fun and informative. Thank you Marlene and Alica. You’ve really colored the book in the right light. Made me want to check it out.

April 1, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

Yay! Glad I could help tempt you. Thanks Debra- PS- I’m almost done with your interview 🙂

5. Marlene Dotterer
    March 30, 2012 @ 8:51 am

Thanks for having me stop by, Alica, and to everyone for leaving comments. I’m just dropping in for a brief moment before another exhausting day of sightseeing. London is amazing. I’ll try to get a post up this weekend.

6. emmaburcart
    March 30, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

Fun interview! I like that it wasn’t just about writing. Seeing the personal side of authors makes me feel like I get to know them, which usually is what makes me want to read their books.

April 1, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

I agree Emma I love learning more about people- you never know when an interesting trait could flesh out a character profile LOL 🙂

7. Interviews and a London Report | Marlene Dotterer
    March 30, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

[…] to Alica McKenna Johnson for a wonderful interview! She had it up yesterday, but I didn’t get a chance to remind you. So now, let me remind you […]