Lucky Seven Meme
Okay I was tagged by Rhonda Hopkins and Lani Wendt Young and just last night Lesann Berry in the luck 7 meme.
The rules are:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines ( sentences or paragraphs) and post them as they’re written.
4. Tag 7 writers and let them know.
So here is my piece for book two of the Phoenix Child series- I don’t have a title yet. It’s raw- not even fixed from critique group yet- so no grammar comments please. 🙂
“It is you,” said a sweet voice as cool hand grabbed my arm.
I started to pull away until I recognized Braids. “Hello.”
“I can’t believe I found you. I hoped I would. My family wants to thank you for saving me. I’m Alanna by the way.” she said in one breath as she tugged me away from the crowd.
“Sapphire, and I really didn’t do all that much,” I said, walking with her. “There’s no need to do anything.”
“You obviously don’t know what you saved me from.” Alanna turned to look at me and stopped. Her hands dropped and I felt this muddled wave of emotion: embarrassment, excitement, and awe. “I’m sorry. Please, will you come with me?”
“Wait? What? You haven’t done anything wrong.” I was hoping for a normal teenage day, shopping, eating out, maybe noticing a cute boy here and there and then getting yelled at back at home. Do other people have crazy just pop up all the time or is it just me? Maybe attracting crazy is one of my phoenix gifts.
Seven MEME Questions have to be Answered as well…
1. What is your dream vacation? Hubby says my answer should be- Anything where I am pampered non-stop, which might be true. But if we are talking dreams, then a vacation that doesn’t end, I would love to be able to travel the world which would take a really long time.
2. Are you spontaneous? Or do you like to plan? I am not spontaneous at all. Any sudden changes upset me. I have gotten better my current job has given me no choice.
3. One thing you want to do, but don’t dare do? Anything spontaneous where I can’t be certain of the outcome. I love reading stories about people who sell all their crap and run off and live in South America or India or where ever had just trust in the Universe and have these amazing adventures. I want to be that person but I don’t know that I will ever be.
4. What’s your biggest phobia? Being out of control- not like I personally freak out, but being under the control of strangers or people who are cruel.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you want with you? (not including your laptop or family.) Real answer- a boat, cases of water, and ships captain because I don’t know how to sail. Fun answer- several cases of chocolate, a case of condoms, and a VERY good reason to need the condoms.
6. Name three blessings in your life. My family, esp. my husband he puts up with my crazy. My critique group, trust me you don’t want to be reading the first draft. And Kilian Metcalf, who has given so much of her time and energy into helping me get my books ready for the world.
7. What was your nickname in high school? Red- I have red hair it’s not that interesting.
8. If you could meet the President of the US what would you say to him? If you didn’t have to jump through all these hoops and get things passed through congress and such what would you like to change?
9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be? Anita Blake- she gets to have lots of sex with lots of very beautiful men- I could work with that. She also get to be a bad ass and shoot things.
10. A favorite quote? “Its mind over matter, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter.”
Okay now time to pick others. Eep, if you don;t want to play that’s fine but …
And because it’s Monday we have to have some Music! Nina Zilli will represent Italy in this years Euroviosn Song Contest.
OMG, I love your answer to number 5! And the pics that went along with it! I actually tagged you today, too. I didn’t realize you had been tagged so many times. Oh, well. It was fun to read your excerpt. Now I’ll have to read the first book. My only question is, is it YA? That probably means it won’t have any parts like your answer in number 5, right? 🙂
Thanks for thinking of me Emma- I feel so popular 🙂 It is YA- but older teen and I wrote it with the hopes of making adults happy too. So while it won;t be the answer to number 5 it does have crique du soliel type performers in it. Just wait a bit if you want to get it- I’m editing it yet again! Hope to have the new improved version out by the 10th.
I love the questions – I hadn’t seen a Lucky 7 with those before! So FUN!! And I’m with Emma. #5’s got it ALLLLLL right! 🙂
And how fun to be working on Part 2 of your book! I so LOVE the first draft stage!
The first draft is a lot of fun- such great energy and flow.
Super fun! I think everyone is going to LOVE your #5. What a great answer. 😀
I love the line, “Maybe attracting crazy is one of my phoenix gifts.” Great share. I’ll add your questions to my get-to-know-you meme post. My Lucky 7 runs Wednesday. I’ll add your name. 🙂 Thanks for the tag!
Thank you Debra! I can’t wait to see your answers 🙂
lol. love it. i am soooo excited for book two. get on it woman!
and i agree with everyone else question 5’s answer 🙂
LOL- thanks Heather I’m working on it 🙂
Nice snippet and I luv your answers! And here’s another lady who says YES to #5!
Thanks Alicia! I’m feeling very pleased with my answer 🙂
I am sooooooo with you on number five. And the visuals make it even better. Love it!
Thank you Lani! Pictures are always fun 🙂
Good grief everyone’s getting shot, I mean tagged today! There must be a virus going around. LOL! But seriously, Great job Alica! Bravo, bravo! *Clapping hands!* 🙂
Thank you Karen it’s a lot of fun.
Yay! I’ll have to come check it out!