January 9, 2012 @ 2:43 pm

One of the most eye-opening food experiences was growing up in Texas eating Tex-Mex food and then traveling to Mexico City and eating real Mexican food. Some similarities, but very different indeed. My current food choices say that I’m over 40 and having to watch what I eat!! But one curious thing is how much I have always loved cereal – the more sugary, the better. Give me a bowl of Fruit Loops, Honeycomb, Chocolate Chip Crunch, or whatever, and I’m in love. What does that say about me?

January 9, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

It’s so interesting isn’t it- the difference between made for white people ethnic food and made for the people from the country ethnic food isn’t it.
      I’m not sure what sugary cereal would say about you, maybe you’re feeding your inner child? 🙂

January 9, 2012 @ 3:39 pm

I never knew that this type of video and dancing were allowed in certain countries – which shows how unaware I am about some cultures. I liked the song and she is SO gorgeous and the dancers really cool.

January 9, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

Thanks Patti! I’m so glad you liked it Dhoon 2 is one of my favorite Bollywood movies.

3. Debra Kristi
    January 10, 2012 @ 3:46 am

I can tell you that going through my cupboards today is no indication of the way I was brought up. My kids think I’m horrible because I don’t buy snack food or sweets. But my eldest doesn’t like to get off his butt and work off the calories either, so it’s a trade-off. Like wise, I don’t buy soda. Growing up we had a fridge in the garage dedicated to soda. Now we have a fridge dedicated to water. If my husband wants soda he needs to buy his own. I’m just a meaner, as they would say. But I’m trying to look out for them. And I seem to be the only one listening to what their doctors are saying. Grrr

January 11, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

I don’t buy stuff like that either, it’s up to us to take care of your families 🙂 Good for you!

4. Serena Dracis, Author
    January 10, 2012 @ 3:57 am

Great post and congratulations! I’ve picked you for a blogging award! Visit my website to claim your prize. 🙂

January 11, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

Thank you so much!!! I’ll have to figure out who to pick- eek how to choose!

5. August McLaughlin
    January 10, 2012 @ 4:37 am

Going through my cupboards would show my passion for Indian food & baking. Our eating habits and food faves certainly are telling!

6. kelworthfiles
    January 10, 2012 @ 11:02 pm

My food choices probably show that I’m creative, (I like to experiment with making up new recipes,) but also stubborn about trying new things and a little set in my ways… I probably don’t eat as many vegetables as some would say I should, and avoid certain cuisines and kinds of food. I love my meat and potatoes, pasta, and pizza, among others!

January 11, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

I miss experimenting with new things my current job really doesn’t leave me time for fun new cooking.