December 2, 2011 @ 12:47 pm

Hey, thanks! I will definitely check it out. Plus, part of my new book takes place in Norway, so I’m anxious to see the countryside.

December 2, 2011 @ 11:30 pm

Norway is so pretty! I have two other movies from Nortway I’ve reviewed both filmed during the winter. I hope you enjoy it.

2. Kim
    December 2, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

I just put this movie in my queue last week! I mainly did it because part of my book takes place in Norway and I wanted to get a good feel for the setting, but I also love Norse mythology and thought the troll bit would be fun. I started to watch it a few days ago, but my son didn’t want to deal with subtitles. Now that I’ve seen the troll, I may be able to convince him otherwise!

December 2, 2011 @ 11:31 pm

It starts a little slow, but the Trolls are cool. And Norway is beautiful.

December 2, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

I love the way it’s filmed because it (kind of) reminds me of The Blair Witch Project which I really enjoyed – though no one else did that I know.

December 2, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

I was pregnant when Blaire Witch came out and nauseous 24/7 so I never saw it. I’ll have to check it out. I hope you get to see Troll Hunter- it’s really good.

4. timlobrien
    December 2, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

I’ll have to check this one out. Thanks Alica!

5. Annalise Green
    December 2, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

Wow! Just going by the summary, this is not the sort of film that I would be interested in. However, watching that trailer – and getting some glimpses of the troll design – I’m totally intrigued. Definitely need to check it out!

December 2, 2011 @ 11:33 pm

I don’t do summaries well- I always afraid of spoiling the movie- but I really enjoyed it a lot more then I expected too. If you watch it let me know what you think.

6. August McLaughlin
    December 3, 2011 @ 2:33 pm

I love Scandinavian films, too… The original Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was so great, I doubt I can stomach the American version. Thanks for the suggestion. Dig your enthusiasm! 🙂

December 4, 2011 @ 2:03 am

I agree it was a great movie- but I was so unprepared for hte rape scene- I hadn’t read the book- and I don’t do well with those. So I’m not sure I’ll watch the other two. But I won’t be watching the American one- even for Daniel Craig.

7. Angela Wallace
    December 6, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

That definitely looks scary! Movie previews are so deceiving nowadays. I remember there was one movie (though can’t recall which) that looked hilarious, only to find that they used every single funny line in the 60 second trailer and there was nothing left in the rest of the movie.

December 9, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

I hate trailers like that! It’s so disappointing! Thanks Angela

8. Be a Tweep, Not a Tool Part 2–Beware the #FF Fire Hose « Kristen Lamb's Blog
    December 7, 2011 @ 2:11 pm

[…] Could You Hunt Trolls? by Alicia McKenna Johnson. Yes, the title alone deserves a shout-out. […]