1. Kilian Metcalf
    November 25, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

Since I loved My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away, I expect I’ll like this one, too 🙂 I confess Princess Monoke was a little confusing, but it looked good anyway. You might like The Book of Kells. The story is Irish, not Japanese, but the animation style is heavily influenced by anime. I saw it in the theater. The print was grainy, streaked and obviously well past the time it should have been replaced, and it still charmed me. Give it a try.

November 25, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

I love The Book of Kells- it’s one I want to own for sure! Beautiful animation and a great story.
      Have you read Howl’s Moving Castle? There are three, and they are very different from the movie- of course. The second one the MC is middle eastern and the overly polite ass kissing language just tickled me. I adored them.

November 25, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

Thank you so much for this, Alica. I have watched Spirited Away several times with my 13-year-old daughter and it’s obvious from the trailer that she and I will enjoy this as well.

November 27, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

It’s fabulous! I watch it several times a year. And should be easy to find. 🙂

3. hal | www.questorganic.com
    November 26, 2011 @ 5:52 am

Watched princess monoke last night – had never seen it before.
    The movie was astounding, although my personal favorite is still Spirited Away (the first miyazaki film I have ever seen:)

November 27, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

Spirited Away is amazing- I love it too. Princess Monoke is also great- but darker then the other two. I think you’ll like Howl’s Moving castle it’s a bit more light, more like Spirited Away.

November 26, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

I’ve never heard of this movie or this story. The trailer is intriguing. I haven’t seen Spirited Away either. My kids would also likely enjoy these films. Thanks, Alica.

5. Jennette Marie Powell
    November 26, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

A guy I used to work with told me about this movie several years ago, and I’ve always wanted to see it. My daughter’s favorite at the time was My Neighbor Totoro. She likes this one a lot too. That was probably five years ago, and I still haven’t seen it. Thanks for the reminder! Now if I could just find some extra hours in the day LOL.

November 27, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

I can’t find the extra hours for you- sorry. I actually watch a lot of movies in Dec, I watch them while I wrap gifts, and pack boxes to mail, and cut and wrap caramels. I hope you can find some time- this movie is worth it.