1. elainecharton
    September 12, 2011 @ 4:23 am

You know my favorite team 🙂 Coming from Boston it has to be the RED SOX. Baseball is the only sport I really go nuts over.
    My second team is anyone playing against the Yankees. 🙂
    And just because my husband is from NY does not automatically make him a Yankees fan. He’s a Mets fan, in fact that is who we are watching as I type this.

Have you ever seen Incivtus? The opposing rugby team in that does the haka
    which is wild. THat whole movie though is amazing.

September 12, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

I haven’t seen Incivtus- I know I’ll cry and I have a hard time gearing up to watch movies that will make me cry, but if I do they do the haka I just might have too.

• elainecharton
        September 12, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

It;s a very inspiring movie. We got it off netflix because I knew Michael would like it. Wasn’t sure I would but I was surprised. Yes you may cry at the end but it’s a happy cry. Remember I cry at the drop of a hat. Or as a friend once said, You cry when you run out of ink. 🙂

2. Shiraz Akhtar
    September 12, 2011 @ 4:58 am

Well, my favorite team is undoubtedly ‘Kolkata Knightriders,’ for the sheer reason that the franchise is part-owned by Shahrukh Khan. There was a time when I would watch almost every sport that there is. I still tune into IPL to support my favorite team.

Waiting for Ra-one to release. It is coming out on Oct 26. Shahrukh is playing a superhero in this one.

September 12, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

I emailed my local indie theater begging them to show RA-One so fingers crossed, but being in Southwest America I’ll most likely have to wait until it goes to DVD 🙁

September 12, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

Loved, loved the haka video! My son had heard of it but never seen it, so he watched it with me. I thought the All Blacks were more intimidating for some reason. The guys in orange were really beefy-looking – wow! And the music videos – really enjoyed those as well.
    Great blog, as usual, Alica.

September 12, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

Thanks Patti- I think it’s the faces the All Blacks make- the jutting jaw and stuff makes them seem more somehow. Glad your son enjoyed it too!

4. Angela Wallace
    September 12, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

I’ve never been into sports either, and I definitely don’t know anything about them. But, in college I did enjoy going to the live basketball games. Sitting in the bleachers (though terribly uncomfortable) with friends and cheering was a lot of fun. (Though I also have to admit that I cheered out of a sense to conform, not any burning loyalty. :-P)

September 13, 2011 @ 3:02 am

I did this is high school- I’d go and talk to my friends and the crowd would cheer, so I’d cheer and try and figure out why we were clapping.

5. Lani Young
    September 14, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

yay – nice to find a non-Pacific person who likes the All-Blacks! Oh but I have to register my complaint, if youre going to mention rugby at all, then you MUST mention the national Samoan rugby team – Manu Samoa.

September 15, 2011 @ 3:09 pm

Wait- googleing them…… oh my- I have room in my heart for both teams 🙂 Who do we cheer for when they both play against each other??