August 31, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

I would LOVE to be a part of a flashmob. And as goofy as it sounds, this video brought tears to my eyes. I think it’s because people in general don’t expect “happy” things from others. Everyone walks around all morose and into themselves and when they see other people interacting for all to see they can’t believe it and that makes me sad. There was a video clip on FB yesterday in which someone set up a podium and a mike with a sign that said, “say something positive” in New York, and random people would walk by, put their face to the mike, and say, “have a good day”, or “I love you all” and it was SO cool.

August 31, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

I’ve seen that one- it’s from Improve Everywhere they have some great flash mobs- and they have a website where you can connect with people locally and find out what’s going on.
      I cried at this video too- the joy on people’s faces is lovely.

2. Kally Sten
    August 31, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

I have no sense of rhythm so being part of something like this would be hard, but I never tire of watching flash mobs vids. I must have seen this one a dozen times – and yet i clicked the play button again šŸ˜› Thanks for posting it!

August 31, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

I’m the same way- I watch it over and over again- there are flash mobs that don’t involve dancing- check out Improve Everywhere šŸ™‚

3. Lesann
    August 31, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

This was wonderful! I hadn’t seen this one and like Patricia I always get weepy when I see a bunch of strangers having such good fun together. I’m glad my tweet sparked an idea. Proof that #writecampaign is already at work! I always think if we could just get all the people in the world to dance together, we’d have a lot more fun and a few less troubles. Or…we might make the planet wobble but that would be fun too. Fun video!

September 1, 2011 @ 1:56 am

I love the idea of dancing making the planet wobble. šŸ™‚ Write campaign is already making things happen- I love it.

4. Elana Johnson
    September 1, 2011 @ 2:13 am

I love flash mobs too. A few weeks ago, about 6000 teachers were gathering in a big arena, and some collegues and I were like, “Duh! We should’ve done a flash mob for this!” It would’ve been epic.

5. Sarah J Schmitt
    September 1, 2011 @ 2:59 am

Thanks for posting this video! I have seen it several times, but it still makes me tear up! I love the very end where all the performers just pick up thier bags and leave… and the older man who looks a little terrified midway through the song… I’m a Campainger from you paranormal group, by the way! Can’t wait to see what else you add to the blog!

September 1, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

Thank you I never get tired of watching or sharing this video. Great to meet you!

6. Miho Li
    September 1, 2011 @ 3:05 am

Hi, fellow campaigner here šŸ™‚ I would so love to be a part of a flash mob. How fun would that be?!

September 2, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

That was just awesome! I needed that on a Friday morning.

8. Matthew Shields
    September 2, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

I want to be in a flashmob. Doesn’t seem like ImprovEverywhere has done one around the Bay Area since “Look Up More” šŸ™

September 2, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

That’s a bummer- did you go to their web sight? They have a mailing list and I think you can get in touch with the local group from there.
      http://improveverywhere.com/ If not maybe you should start one šŸ™‚

9. marlenedotterer
    September 4, 2011 @ 3:15 am

Hi Alicia,

I’m in your PR group on write campaign. Happy to meet you. I love flash mobs! They are all kinds of happy…

September 4, 2011 @ 5:12 am

Hello thank you for stopping by! Flash mobs are a very happy thing- I’d love to have one in my book if I could figure out how.