1. Patti Yager Delagrange
    June 10, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

I think I saw this film long ago because the beauty of Ireland sticks in my head. I’ll have to rent it again. Thank you for the reminder.

2. Catie Rhodes
    June 11, 2011 @ 1:57 am

I’ve never seen this. It looks really touching. Thanks for sharing.

3. katewoodauthor
    June 11, 2011 @ 4:15 am

I’ve never heard of this before, I will definitely need to rent this…thank you so much for sharing!

4. Angelique Armae
    June 11, 2011 @ 7:12 am

I always wanted to see this movie and your post reminded me 🙂 I love Irish myths, especially those of the Selkie/sea people.

June 11, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

In my YA series I’m planning on having one of my books deal with Selkie’s- they are a very fun myth.
      Alica

5. Debora Dale
    June 11, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

This looks wonderfully moving. How do you find these films? I have friends who just moved back to the states from Ireland, and now you post this. I think it’s a sign I should do some Ireland research. 🙂 Thanks for sharing this!

June 11, 2011 @ 2:25 pm

I live near an indepedant video store and an indie movie teather close to the University- which means they have tons of foriegn films. And I’ve picked some pretty bad movies from time to time, but for the most part I’ve had good luck. Have fun researching- and don’t forget the music and movies!
      Alica

6. Sandy Rowland
    June 11, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

I love this movie. I bought a copy when the kids were younger. So cute.
    Thanks for bringing it to mind.

7. Carol R. Wood
    June 11, 2011 @ 7:33 pm

Alica, this movie sounds like one I’d like to watch. Thanks for reviewing it!

8. Rhonda Hopkins
    June 12, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

I haven’t seen this one Alica, but you’ve piqued my curiosity. I love watching Irish movies. Thanks!

June 13, 2011 @ 2:13 pm

Irish movies can be a lot of fun, but some of the adult movies have a lot of cussing- which can be shocking at first.
      Alica

9. Rashan
    June 13, 2011 @ 7:20 pm

Fellow foreign film fans? I watch at least one a week too.  A few weeks ago it was Jig, the Irish Jig Dancing Documentary, which I’m sure you’ll definitely enjoy if you enjoyed The Secret of Roan Inish. The most interesting foreign film I’ve seen recently is Bride Flight though. It’s a Dutch movie that hits the states this weekend. The L.A. Times describes it as “a sweeping historical drama wrapped around a tale of star crossed lovers.” I was happy they enjoyed it as much as I did. Take a look at the review http://lat.ms/kPoYcv I thought it’d be the perfect addition for next week Friday’s foreign film.

June 20, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

I haven’t seen either of those movies- thank you for the recommendations I’ll definitely have to check them out!
      Alica